From healthcare to entertainment, building an online presence has become key to thriving in today’s markets. As stated by Internet Live Stats, a developers and researchers’ team, there are currently more than 1.9 billion websites worldwide. How can a company’s website stand out some many new platforms appearing by the minute. Well, that’s where web development services come into play by meeting the client’s needs through functionality and design. If you’re thinking about going digital, learn these five mistakes to avoid when acquiring IT solutions and their resources.
What is web development? A quick overview
All in all, web development refers to all stages involved when designing and building a website or web app running on the Internet. Think of it as the “behind-the-scenes” to creating the final product we see on the screen. Going from conceptualization to coding, testing, and optimizing, multiple roles and tasks come along with this process. At the end of the day, the idea is to create websites that are both accessible and appealing to users. Before diving into what web development services your business can acquire, let’s grasp some of the web’s primary concepts:
- World Wide Web (WWW) – What we commonly understand as the web, and the online content stored on web servers that anyone can access through the Internet.
- HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTP) – Without it, data exchange wouldn’t be possible as it allows a website request to connect to a remote server.
- Uniform Resource Locator (URL) – This is the Internet or web address employed to locate websites. Not to be confused with the domain, which is primarily your website’s name.
- Internet Protocol address (IP address) – Formed by a series of numbers established by the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA), it allows devices to be identified through the network.
Reasons your business needs a website now
Whether it’s a startup or a company that’s been long established, businesses can benefit from going online. Think of the website as an ambassador for your brand that people can access wherever they go.
Noted, every platform is different and should be tailored to every business’s specific needs and goals. However, there’s one idea that stands equal: your website should be accessible through high-quality functionality and design. Here are some perks you can benefit from with a website:
- Showcase your brand’s identity through dynamic and engaging visuals and maximize leads through organic search traffic which turns into profitability.
- Engage with clients by creating a direct stream of communication available 24/7.
- Personalize the user experience with strategies like creating profiles or live chats.
- Increase productivity by automatizing processes like customer care or onboarding.
My business needs a website: which are the next steps?
Does going online mean that you need to build a tech team from scratch? Not at all, as there are now many IT and developer companies that specialize in meeting your business’ vision.
So, professionals will conceptualize and handle the best viable option to create your website while meeting your goals and budget. With top talent assessing your project, this guarantees cost-effective, time-saving, and high-quality solutions.
Now, depending on the specifics, some of the web development services that may be acquired include:
- Availability, membership, and online ordering systems
- Social media integration (Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok)
- Maintenance or optimization of an already existing website
- UI/UX design
- Migrating to a self-hosted system
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Learning Management System (LMS)
Hiring web development services? 5 mistakes to avoid
Without a proper strategy when it comes to web or application development services, there are problems businesses may encounter. Here are some mistakes to avoid:
- Not setting up clear expectations and goals when communicating the project’s tasks and brand specifics like the intended target. Defining a strategy will allow the tech team to focus on the established outcomes as well as tasks.
- Failing to project scalability on how the website will evolve in the long run. While having a website running is the first aspect, the idea is how will it function as the number of users keeps increasing. Some other aspects to discuss include how to improve the UX, usability, or what new features will be added.
- Undermining web security therefore exposing your client’s private data. This makes it vulnerable to breaches, hacks, or compromised websites. This is where Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) comes in with encryption or authentication methods.
- Not choosing the right IT team whether it’s through understaffing or lacking a hiring strategy when looking for professionals. Don’t know where to start? External IT consulting companies connect businesses with high-quality and detail-oriented tech talent.
- Neglecting website maintenance regarding its optimization, performance, and usability. Having the web running doesn’t mean any web development services are no longer needed. Instead, think of it as an investment in the long run where an IT team will monitor its functionality.
While it may seem like a hassle, creating a website and reaching potential clients is possible with the right insight. Looking to connect with tech talent or acquire web development services? Be sure to check out our LinkedIn or visit us at WillDom.com.