The security breach is a common and difficult cyber threat among businesses across the United States of America and even to other countries. Based on disclosed data, cyber security breaches have continuously increased from the 1980s up until the present. The only main difference is that in the year 2000, public awareness of such infractions began to arise, thus, alerting the business owners to protect and secure their respective companies.
Based on cyber security updates, March 2020 marks the latest and unforgettable cyber-attack in history. Hackers gained access to some of the biggest and most trusted agencies and companies in the U.S., notably the United States Federal Government, and Microsoft. Despite the development and application of security measures and policies, hackers remain a threat. With that, government agencies, industries, and individuals are still at risk for possible common software vulnerabilities. More so, the primary precaution against these network intrusions is to upgrade and maintain efficacy on digital security for a better and safer 2021. The thing is, how do we do it?
Understand Software Security
Software security is a concept crafted and implemented to protect software from any possible dysfunction caused by a sudden breach of privacy and policies, or some engineering defects.
Here are some of the common software security threats and Issues:
- Software Security Defects – Software development is not always successful. In some rare cases, human error occurs during the process. That puts the software at a high-security risk.
- Software Code Vulnerability – It is important to understand that Code signing is different from SSL. Code signing is for software, while SSL is for websites, which means that the vulnerabilities in the software code are acquired from downloadable materials. When the code in a particular program has security defects and is installed, the user will be at greater risks.
- Existing Software Weakness – The majority of the developed software is dependent on other previously installed software. This is because most programs are developed to utilize other available components. Due to this practice, newly acquired software will be in danger if the existing software is weak or defective.
Looking into software security threats from simple human errors to a software vulnerability, we can say that software security is serious for agencies, businesses, and individuals.
Partnering with an Offshore Software Development Company
At this time, everything is already highly digitized, and new improvements have become the latest trend. Offshore software development is one of the most globally acknowledged trends. This allows relocation of information or work to a reliable and experienced individual or team, also called a third-party provider. The external team is responsible for developing and producing your business software, applications, and other business-related services for a speedy allocation of various tasks.
Given that, how do offshore software development companies help businesses in terms of security?
- Recognizing Software Risks – Offshore software development companies are knowledgeable and specialized in software processes. They have a thorough understanding of the responsible parties, threats, processes, and protection management. That team creates a secure model for each business product to shield against common software vulnerabilities.
- Secured Personnel Profiles and Confidentiality Contracts – Offshore teams are well-established. They have a strict recruitment process from application, onboarding, and hiring. Moreover, personnel profiles, confidentiality contracts, agreements, and other business policies are prepared and implemented to ensure business security.
- Service Security Agreements – Offshore software development teams develop secured documents in compliance with security control departments like International Organization for Standardization (ISO). These documents are security agreements, guidelines, mechanics, and other critical details. Through this, prospects and the company build a trustworthy and secured relationship.
- Encrypted Data – Software development companies use data encryption to safely identify the possible fields vulnerable to a security breach and information spill. This data encryption translates the information into a code to avoid any security access. Aside from that, quick response and restoration of data are also on standby for any technical failure.
Other Advantages of Offshore Software Development Industries:
- Reduced Development Rate
- Globally Competitive Designs, Innovation, and Experience
- Time-Bound Development
- Access to Skilled Teams
- Business Security Guaranteed
Get Updated on Business Security Developments Daily
Cyber attacks come like a thief; there is no sign, no notifications. Moreover, as hackers continue to create multiple breaches, complexity comes along with it. Because of this, security professionals are also updating their ways to provide businesses with protection like upgraded security warnings discourage software downloads. Therefore, to sustain your business all year round, get updated on other best methods. Here are some of them:
- Advanced Identification of Security Requirements
- Coding Requirements Implementation
- Software Design Evaluation
- Third-Party Software Security Requirements
- Recycling Security Components
- Business Security Test
- Vulnerability Identification
The improvisation and sustainability of your business security rely on your knowledge of software security and its threats, partnership with offshore software development companies, and consistent updates on business security. Here at WillDom, we get you connected with talents and teams globally that are well-fitted to give you the offshore software services to modernize and sustain your business security this year.