For businesses everywhere, connecting with high-quality, detail-oriented, and skilled professionals is key to thriving in today’s industry. In a demanding and competitive job market, especially for STEM professionals, finding the right candidate proves to be a challenge. Don’t know where to go when building a technology talent network? While there’s no shortcut to assembling your professional team, the recruitment processes can be optimized with the right strategy and an innovative approach. Here’s the scoop on how to achieve this.
What is a talent network?
Before getting into the specifics of a technology talent network, let’s go over some key information to understand it. All in all, this refers to a pool of candidates whose skills, experience, and expertise matches the company’s needs.
As a recruitment strategy, it foresees hiring needs by connecting with eligible applicants for future roles or projects. So, is it like building a database? Though it’s one important aspect, the idea goes above this by engaging with top talent beforehand, which benefits in:
- Enhancing the hiring process through customized data regarding the candidates’ profiles.
- Bringing brand awareness to skilled and high-quality professionals within the same industry.
- Upgrading recruitment strategies through cost-effective, time-saving, and functional strategies.
- Increasing the business’ competitive edge by setting up a differentiator when contacting candidates.
- Creating a long-lasting business relationship between the company and interested applicants.
5 steps into creating a successful talent network
- Create a strategy for reaching out to potential candidates, this includes considering referral programs and resume databases.
- Showcase the brand’s identity and work culture through valuable content that professionals find insightful.
- Establish a direct stream of communication where candidates can reach out like networking events or website sign-ups.
- Interact with potential talent through different platforms, networking events, job fairs, or online campaigns.
- Stay consistent once you’ve built your talent pool; review applications, portfolios, and resumes periodically.
Onto the topic, what is talent acquisition technology?
With a fast-paced work environment come new strategies and methods to identify and engage with top talent. Moreover, the rise of technology and its impact on the job market shifted the way acquisition specialists addressed hiring needs.
Talent technology is focused on resolving the way tools, systems, and software interact to identify, assess, and hire professionals. From automation to data analytics, the goal is to succeed in an ever-demanding industry while meeting specific business goals. Let’s browse some examples of this:
Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
Finding the right candidate may seem like a hassle when thinking about the never-ending applications HR teams must go through. As a recruiting software, ATS serves as a database that’s functions are adapted to the company’s specific requirements.
Besides filling in the required personal information, applicants may go through knockout questions to establish if they are eligible. Some of the most well-known ATS include VidCruiter, JazzHR, Recruitee, and Teamtailor.
Advantage: source eligible candidates through a skill comparison by employing tools like keyword search.
Combined with administrative tasks, hiring processes involve different stages related to the sourcing, selection, and assessment of candidates. In addition, requirements and steps need to be repeated for each applicant, lengthening an already complex process.
Automation comes in by delegating duties through a series of programmed commands, reducing the need for assistance or human intervention. Examples of how automation can be employed include pre-screening candidates through video recordings, chatbots, scheduling interviews, or sending emails.
Advantage: recruitment processes are optimized through time-saving and effective methods for both applicants and hiring managers.
Predictive hiring system
Predictive hiring systems collect and review data through a series of analytics and algorithms. This anticipates possible outcomes while narrowing down candidates to the best possible fit based on key information.
A more traditional approach is conducted by reviewing resumes one by one and going through interviews and screening processes. And these stages, which were both costly and less time-effective, did not guarantee any possible results.
Advantage: with data-driven strategies, decisions are less unbiased while allowing hiring managers a more in-depth assessment of applicants.
Talent acquisition technology is not about substituting the roles and responsibilities of your in-house human resources team. Through a modern-day approach, its focus revolves on enhancing and optimizing all stages involved in the recruitment process guaranteeing a successful outcome.
Why opt for talent technology?
While challenging at a glance, building a talent network is possible with dynamic tools and software. Are you still having second thoughts about it? Here are three more reasons why this technology is a must:
- Allow candidates to showcase their experience beyond resumes by enabling customized platforms.
- Optimize both time and cost through a functional approach regarding organizational and administrative tasks.
- Assess the candidate’s skills and abilities beforehand through features that respond to your business’s specific goals.
As noted, talent acquisition technology thrives on innovation and strategy to help businesses connect with the right fit.