Sr. Full Stack Software Engineer
2017 – Present
Alejandro works with several clients using Node.js to power core parts of their business, from RESTful APIs, MBasS to real-time systems. He is also in charge of managing container
architectures like Docker Swarm.
Senior Backend Developer
nearForm specializes in helping enterprise companies succeed in their use of microservice
architectures and Node.js. Alejandro worked on the improvement of the code quality and helped to maintain
internal libraries. The client stack used Docker, Mocha, Istanbul, Node.js, Express.js, PM2,
PostgreSQL, Redis and MQTT.
Senior Backend Developer
WillDom (Auction Mobility)
2015 - 2016
Auction Mobility's white labelled auction platform provides best-in-class mobile, tablet and
web solutions. Alejandro helped to make the Node.js backend of the platform more stable and
resilient and, at the same time, improved the tooling for the development workflow. Auction
Mobility stack was composed of Node.js, Express.js, Bookshelf.js, Passport.js, PostgreSQL and Redis.
2015 - Present
Altoros provides consulting and managed services with Cloud Foundry PaaS, multi-cloud
deployment automation and complex Java/.NET/Ruby architectures that make heavy use of
SQL/NoSQL/Hadoop clusters. Altoros employs 200+ engineers across 7 countries, including
one of the largest pools of Cloud Foundry expertise of the market. Fast-track services (4-12
weeks) include single-cloud deployments of Cloud Foundry and integration with relational
and NoSQL databases.
2014 – Present
He mentors students who are learning about Backend with a Node.js course and also organizes several
workshops, including “PostgreSQL with Node.js” and “Redis and Node.js”.
Node.js Program Coordinator
2014 – 2016
He worked in order to constantly improve the syllabus with the most relevant technologies in the
Node.js ecosystem and was always on the lookout for the best educational methodologies to
implement on class. He recruited and trained instructors, mentored students and worked
with the community to organize Node-related events.
Senior Software Engineer
2014 - 2015
2013 - 2014
● He made a complete code refactoring and re-design of the statistics module with great results, improving MongoDB performance.
● He improved resilience to uncaught errors on the webserver via blackbox testing.
● He used static analysis tools to detect code errors and code smells, and to improve overall
● He conducted stress tests on the platform to analyze bottlenecks.
● He carried out data analysis of statistics and data visualization through D3.js.
2012 – 2013
He worked as a full-stack developer in a 4-people team in charge of training an entry-level programmer.
His achievements were:
● He forked jqGrid and added customization for the requirements of the project.
● He created a Node.js parser for big data focused on performance.
● He integrated NHibernate in a project branch for demo purposes.
● He integrated NHibernate mapping with Fluent NHibernate in a project branch for
demo purposes with great results.
● He added cross-browser support for the web application (Chrome - Firefox).
● He optimized PostgreSQL database relations.
● He added Quart.NET integration to the project.
2011 – 2012
He was in charge of the development of tools for custom requests that included web and backend environments. He integrated Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) with current working
He worked on continuous integration processes, agile software development and projects based
Languages he used in order of relevance:
2009 – 2011
He was a Level 2 support, which involved Networking, Active Directory, DHCP maintenance and applying security policies, and VisualBasic scripting.
Software Engineer Intern